Monday, November 10, 2008

PANDAmonium

Matt and I hang out with the cutest little family here in Kansas. They live just down the street from us, Ryan (the dad) goes to Cleveland Chiropractic (just like Matt), they are from Idaho (oh yes), AND we are in the same ward for church!
This past Sunday Kolby (the oldest son) was wrestling with his friend. Of course he got hurt so I took Kolby to see his mom when he started to cry. Kolby told his mom what had happened and immediately his mom said, "Kolbs, I told you, you are not Kung Fu Panda!" That made me laugh. Kolby said to his mom, in a sad sad voice, "I just want to be Kung Fu Panda." His mom said, "Okay Kolb, you can be Kung Fu Panda at our house, but not here. Okay??" Kolby agreed and hung his head as he walked away. His mom explained to me that they had just gotten the movie Kung Fu Panda for Kolby's brother's birthday, and now all Kolby wanted to do was karate. She said that it was quite normal for Kolby to aspire to be such characters, and that he even thought HE WAS Santa Clause for a whole year and a half (He told his mom on Christmas Eve that he would be back in the morning, put his coat on and started to walk out the door to deliver presents... he was two years old!).
I was completely amused by this little boy's determination to be Kung Fu Panda. So Matt and I set a goal to watch Kung Fu Panda as soon as possible because we hadn't seen it yet. And for all of you who have not seen it yet, I think you should.

7 comments:

Taylor said...

hilarious! remember that little kid in our ward that never grows bigger...um, i just cant think of his name right now because im listening to the mamma mia soundtrack and its really distracting...mom told me that he would go through phases where he would only respond to spiderman, superman, batman, mr. incredible, etc. I love hilarious little babies.

totallyboard said...

oh...I Just love you guys

Tyler and Carisa said...

Ha ha ha... Tyler does the same things - he tries to be like the characters in the movies we see... ;D Why, just the other day we were walking down the street and he started strutting... When I asked what on earth he was doing - he just looked at me and said, "I'm Zoolander" and then gave me Blue Steel! =D Maybe it's a boy thing!?!?!

Brody said...

oh wowsers. I just watched the movie tonight. I'm the real dragon warrior!

Clint and Kandi said...

trenton hansen!

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

Hi Reagan! What a cute blog! How are you doing so far from home? Is Matt taking good care of you?
You sound happy. I heard you are having a boy; boys are so much fun.
Check out my blog:
gordonjuliebird.blogspot.com/

Mary Jane said...

I just rented the movie after reading this! I think we will be watching a lot more movies as Jeff recovers. Any more suggestions?
Thanks!