Thursday, August 5, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

My mom's request for her birthday was a blog post with a whole bunch of pictures. So ... here goes!







We went swimming for family home evening. I dubbed myself the photographer, and Matt the babysitter. Preston LOVED it! He and Matt swam and splashed until they were all tuckered out. He slept really well that night. :)





Preston has always wanted to be just like his dad, but once he found Matt's glasses, he KNEW he was just like Matt. Preston was very content as he marched around the house, put on Matt's flip flops, and walked really slowly up to things with his hands straight out in front of him.





Our next adventure was with this guy. We'll call him Waseem. It happened just last night while Matt should have been studying. Matt heard a LOUD buzzing sound coming from inside our basement wall. After checking outside (to see if there was a nest of some sort) he proceeded to rip the casing off the wall in the basement. Once Matt had done this Waseem emerged from a small hole in one of the newly exposed 2x4's. Matt practically threw me up the stairs when he yelled, "That's a wasp! Get out of here!!" We stood at the top of the basement stairs (with the door closed) for a second, catching our breaths and thinking what to do next. It didn't take long for the Eagle scout in Matt to take over. He grabbed a glass and captured Waseem in one fail swoop. Then sprayed the hole Waseem came from with bug killer. Of course taking pictures the whole time. Waseem was a confused at his capture and tried desperately to sting the inside of the glass. Matt did the regular boy thing ... threw lit matches into the glass, ammonia, bug killer, until Waseem was unconscious. Then Matt dissected Waseem's stingers, and chopped the head off. It was a much needed break from studying I think. :)





Today has been the coolest day so far this week. So Preston and I went to the park. We walked the trails, picked up sticks, threw rocks down holes, chased bunnies and squirrels, went down the slide, and swung so HIGH on the swings. Preston loves outside. I just wish it wasn't so sticky and hot here, I would let him play outside for longer than just an hour. Here is my petition to move farther west where the humidity is nearly unheard of, fresh cool mountains are close at hand, and the heat goes away at night (our AC has been on since the begining of June and has not been turned off). Matt, once you are finished with school, for the sake of sweaty little Preston, let's move westward!!



Happy Birthday Mom!

Here are the long awaited pregnancy 2 belly photos. This is week 19. I must warn you, my stomach is oddly shaped. It's not cute and round, or fashionably flat. I told my dad, "I have a fat flat stomach." Now you can see what I mean dad. It's kind of gross actually.





We are going to find out the gender of this baby exactly one week from today. So if you haven't voted on our poll, vote now! We'd love to hear what you think it is. I've heard both so far, "I think you will repopulate the world with boys trying to get a girl." and "I KNOW it's a girl." Choose sides, and next we'll choose names! Here's something that might help make up your mind: it may look like I'm carrying "HIGH" ... but trust me, that's ALL residual from the Prestonator.

Now, here are some funny little videos of my boys.







6 comments:

Taylor said...

YAY!!! Good post Reagan! I loved it. I'm so weirded it out by your stomach...it's FLAT! Welp...whatever, it's kinda cool!

Mary Jane said...

What fun pictures!! I really LOVE the videos. Preston has SO much personality. He has the moves!
I am so excited for the announcement next week. Thanks for posting so many photos. We love you!

The Griner Family: said...

You guys crack me up! Preston is so handsome!

Jess said...

This is all so hilarious!

I am so proud of Matthew for his nature experiments. Fascinating. What was the stinger like?

Reagan, I think your stomach is beefy - like strong you know, that kind of beefy!

Poor Preston being flung from a large hole. Did you watch it in slo-mo?

Lauren said...

Oh my word, this is so funny. I wish I could have been there for that dissection. Awesome. Presto is so good at animal noises and so brave for doing that water slide... although it terrified me when he flew out of there! You guys are the greatest. Come hang out now.

Clint and Kandi said...

What a great Birthday gift! This post was just what I wanted! I can't seem to get enough pics of your family. Swimming and walking path pics were awesome. Wasp pics....ew!your belly pics, so beautiful! I think its a girl...(i don't really know)and videos so priceless....however I just want to say stop scaring Preston on huge water slides...poor baby! Love love love Preston's dance moves. He is a natural! I love you guys!