Thursday, June 3, 2010

Past Two Days

I promised Matt that I would take pictures and share them with him. I figured the easiest way is to knock out two birds with one stone ... I'll share them with you at the same time!!

We got home from the airport. Preston had not napped, and would not nap. The house was a disaster area, so we played outside to distract us both from the inevitable.





Today we went on the hunt for a new purse/diaper bag. I've been carrying a huge brown bag, stuffed to the brim with toys, treats, books, and burp clothes; and trust me it is to the point where it needs a vacation. We searched the classy Gordman's, the thrifty Stienmart, and the trendy Target. To no avail. Not one bag was worth its weight in gold to me. Not to mention I have never been a shopper, neither have I bought a purse ... so as you can probably assume this was a very trying trip.




The Story of the Purse
After about two hours I called it quits, and was driving home when I saw Khols. Although I am not a shopper, I AM very determined. So I thought, quick in and out. Sure enough I found the lovely purse you saw within two minutes of being in Khols, and purchased it within five. We were outta there and home for nap time.

I find single parenting very difficult. There are no such thing as breaks. There is not one moment to sit peacefully and ponder on ... whatever you want to ponder. You have to be the Energizer Bunny. I am sometimes asked how I do it, living so far from family, being a student, keeping the house clean, plus Matt being gone most of the day then studying for the rest of it. I used to just smile and say "will power." But now I know it's not will power at all, it's Matt.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I love him. I need him. 21 days. The end.

Clint and Kandi said...

what a sweet boy love this blog....thanks reagan....oh yeah hahaha I love the sidewalk chalk gang and "ni night on the sidewalk"

Matt said...

I miss you guys. Regardless of your shopping frustrations, look at this boy child. What a stud you have to chill out with. Mucho amor

Tyler and Carisa said...

I miss you. That is all...

Mary Jane said...

Thank you for all of the fun pictures. I love the tongue! He sure loves his ball! It will be fun to have you all here in 2 weeks!!

Taylor said...

I just swoon and sigh at every picture of Preston...what a precious little sweetie face.

Good job Reaga!