Friday, April 10, 2009

shy of a week...

Preston got this lil outfit from Granny Foote... it's for newborns and he is just about grown out of it.  for all of you who noticed, he had a ridiculously huge cone head when he was born.  it has gone down A LOT so he is even more stunningly handsome.  

well, reagan being the amazing fighter she is was in labor for just about 36 hours.  4 of those hours were devoted to pushing.  yes, 4 hours.  for all of you who know a smidge about the pushing part of labor, its not easy in the least bit.  to be honest, my biceps were sore from helping reagan sit up a bit during the process.  dont laugh.  it was hard!  i can only imagine what she was, or still is feeling.  well, turns out this child was big and reaga is just so tiny.  so break it down ... big child + cute petite mommy = hard labor and c-section.  indeed we had to do an emergency c-section.  im glad we did because i now have both of them here with me:)  

Preston is now 6 days old and loves hangin out with dad, mom and grammi at 4am. i think this child was sent from japan cuz his clocks all backwards...


Reagan and Kandi took off for a little mommy-daughter date. i had Preston all to myself. when i should have been studying for my cell bio test i chose to take pictures and play around with him a lil bit.  i LOVE this picture.  i took it cuz his feet are so precious and i love the look of having him just passed out in the background. 




Add Videoour friends are due soon... actually more like 60 days or so!  i wont say that their boy will be overdue, but he will be.  sorry hanna.  cody, this will give you anxiety....it did to me. 

shy of a full week and i love being a dad. nothing to be scared of... to be honest, people always say that they want to be financially secure before having a family.  i think thats not necessary as long as you have direction. i have direction; and i think you know you're ready for a baby when you are willing to have entirely sleepless nights and continue on the next day like nothing happened. 

love it!

7 comments:

Mary Jane said...

He is absolutely precious! I Just love that little guy. I can't wait until I can come to visit him. You are both amazing. Kudos to Reagan for hanging in there. I love watching Matt be a Daddy. It seems like just yesterday Matt came into our lives. Yes, he was big too! I am so excited to be a GRANDMA!

Hanna said...

Oh boy...


thats all I really have to say right now...

Tyler and Carisa said...

He is sooo charming!! I wanna meet him!!!

Crystal said...

He's so cute (but of course - he has great looking parents)!! I'm so excited for you guys! Reading about Preston makes me excited for our little boy! Hopefully I won't be in labor for 36 hours - wow Reagan, I don't know how you did it! I'm sure you guys are the cutest parents!

The Mower Family said...

Ok so for some reason my first post didn't post. He is ADORABLE!! Congratulations to you both and good job Reagan! Lauren said he had just the normal amount of hair but I was not expecting so much! Maybe because I was bald for so long I have a skewed idea of what normal is :) He is so cute - but of course we were expecting that! We love you guy and are so happy for you! Enjoy every moment! We can't wait to see him in person!

Kelli Albaugh said...

Hi Reagan this is Kelli used-to-be-Crummett. I found your blog and had to tell you how absolutely adorable your little boy is! That's too bad about the long labor and c-section. Hope your recovery goes well!

Jessie said...

SO CUTE! I want to see more pictures of your cute baby! Congrats again you two!