Saturday, April 25, 2009

the baton has been passed...

The Mother's have left us. Grammy Kandi was here for the first week we were home, and then as she was flying back to Boise she made a stop in Denver, told Gramma Ogle a bunch of secrets and sent her on her way out to Kansas. Gramma Ogle left the baton in our hands - which was expected, being as this kid really is ours; he's not for rent from the hospital.

I loved having the Big Mama's here - changin diapers, makin meals, doin laundry  like it was nobodys business but their own. Those weren't placed in any specific order...cuz they did them all at the same time.   I unno?  I just take one thing at a time...

It's warming up around here, and humidity is settlin in as well. Preston has been out on a few occasions to speak with the squirrels...mmmDahhhh Squeek squeeker squeek squeeken... (Preston practices his squeeking while he sleeps - he's pro.) Anyway, on one of the outings we took a family picture.  Preston was wide awake too!


Despite what you think, Preston isn't as cute as he looks in these pictures....He's cuter. 

He's cuter in real life...kinda like...like when you are alive and standing next to him, or even sitting by him in real live status, you will know. 

Grammy Kandi got Preston a nice pair of sweat pants.  He was so excited to try them on.  Grammy Kandi tried to explain to him that the 3m meant that he had to wait till he was 3 months old to wear the pants.  He insisted, and seemed to have lost his arms in the process...Shoulda listened to Grammy Kandi.


Gramma Ogle loved the idea of a nice bath for Preston and made him warm up to the idea as well.  Pun.  He's a kicker, and a flailer.  This made for an interesting bath, but Gramma Ogle rewarded him with his favorite thing...A blow dryer to volumize his hair. He likes volume. 


8 comments:

Matt said...

I sure do like you Matt :) -love Reagan

Mary Jane said...

Oh, he is so cute! He is much cuter in real life! I miss my little Preston...and I miss both of you. :) Thank you for letting me come and love him. You will have so much fun with him. It is fun to see you in action. You are wonderful parents.

Tyler and Carisa said...

Well, he's pretty handsome in the pictures - i dunno if I could handle him in all his glory! =D

miss you guys... like a ton!!!

Clint and Kandi said...

this is by far the cutest grandson I have ever seen!

love anonymous

Jordan and Candice said...

Oh Ronald I am so happy for you guys! I hope you are doing well!

The Dawg Pound said...

OK, you just had to steal our name uh? Since he's pretty cute I guess we will let it slide...now don't go having a cayden, maddox, or London anytime soon. I LOVE the hair, he really is beautiful, or uh handsome, sorry Preston nothin feminine intended. Love Ya Guys, Teresa

Melanie Herway said...

Stalker here. No not really! Remember me, I'm a long lost cousin. I think Dan and Amy told me about your blog and I knew you were due to have a baby soon. Congratulations!!! As soon as I saw his picture I thought "whoa, he looks like Matt!!!" Fun. Good luck in your journey as parents :).

Spencer Foote said...

OH OH its a monkey i love monkeys! haha he looks like a little precious monkey! i love it! :)