Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TOLD YOU SO ...

Today is my due date. I was told by many people that I wouldn't even make it through February and by others that I wouldn't even make it through January. Here is the proof that I am a complete 40 weeks ... the following are pictures of my chubby face, and swollen ankles and hands.
NEW THINGS
1. I no longer fit into my maternity shirts (... or Matt's shirts for that matter). Yes, it's possible to be that huge.
2. I feel lucky when I wake up Sunday mornings and my feet still fit into my high heels.
3. People have started to look at me with worried looks as if I am wearing a sign saying "APPROACH WITH CAUTION. SURPRISES MAY POP."
4. When I do the dishes, brush my teeth, apply make-up, or eat I now EXPECT to find what ever it is (soapy water, toothpaste etc.) streaked down the front of my shirt.
5. I've gained stretch marks on my tummy ... dang it.

12 comments:

heather said...

I still think you look gorgeous - but I completely understand the feeling!! I thought I was in the clear for stretch marks, but they snuck in during my last two weeks. URGH! Oh well ... I went a couple days past my due date - so hopefully you don't have to wait much longer!! I can't wait to meet the little guy!!!

Gordon & Julie Bird Blog said...

You look beautiful, Reagan. Don't worry, you'll go back to your svelte self in no time! I know that every day over feels like another month, but it's not that uncommon with first babies. You are going to make such a great mommy. Good luck!

Laura said...

Wow! Good luck! You still look amazing though:)

Jess said...

That is an awesome photo! You look awesome. We are excited for you. I can't wait to be a GRANDMA!

Shaylee said...

Oh little Reag...you still look as darling as ever! Good luck! We are excited to hear how things go!

Tyler and Carisa said...

I was totally thinking of you today - and how I'd be so mad if you had gone into labor and I hadn't been told. Just so you know - I expect a text at the least when everything starts happening!! =D

You look simply wonderful for being full term. Wish is was there to give you a hard time about being swollen... but mostly I'd just be mad at you for looking so amazing and being that pregnant!!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Sweetie---I only wish my ankles looked the way yours do when they are SWOLLEN. You look fabulous...stretch marks or no! Good luck this week!!! =)

Clint and Kandi said...

love you so much. you are still radiant and beautiful! i hope to see you and matt and a sweet little baby boy soon.

Hanna said...

is the baby here yet or what...

Michael Unger said...

0o0ooh we can't wait to see you and meet that little guy when he gets here! You still look beautiful.

Nick & Steph said...

No worries...I grew out of three different sizes of maternity clothes. I refused to go out and buy a fourth size! You look great. You are going to be such a great mom. Hope he comes soon!

Anonymous said...

glad you got that ball out from under your dress. He's a handsome little boy! I will be there soon. May I see you and baby?