Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Our Invisible Anniversary!


Most of you know that Matt and I have a unique anniversary date, the invisible day of 3 out of every 4 years, February 29th. Most men would say, "Awesome! 3 fewer years to forget, and 3 fewer years to spend money on an expensive date." When most women would say, "Oh, so do you celebrate on the 28th or the 1st when it's not a leap year?"

Well, when Matt (and my dad) decided that the 29th would be our wedding day I made Matt promise that we would still do something special every time 365 days hit. He promised, no not on paper, but he is an honorable man and keeps his promises, here's the proof:

He let me sleep in until 10am (amazing, because I have a hard time sleeping through the night)
He made me ... uh ... brunch? And then pulled out our honeymoon videos & pictures and started to compile them into a movie for us to watch (so fun). Then he surprised me even more by pulling out a present ... the book Eclipse, the third book of a series that I've been reading! I was so happy! Once we completed all that he took me to dinner at The Olive Garden YUM! After the famously delicious bread sticks and salad, and our dinners we watched a movie. Matt held my hand the whole time, just like when we were dating. I LOVED it!

Matt would say the best part about having an anniversary on the 29th of February is that we will be able to trick our kids saying that we've only had 4 anniversaries, when really we've been married for 16 years. I would say the best part is that Matt knows how to make our invisible day unforgettable.

4 comments:

Clint and Kandi said...

Hooray for the Mattogles! and Happy Anniversary to the best looking couple in Kansas. really really ridiculously good looking.

Tyler and Carisa said...

Yay!!! You both are so cute!! I was actually wondering this weekend what day you were going to celebrate your anniversary... i sent you a text on sunday, but looks like I was a day late.

Miss you guys... post more pictures!!! and belly shots... you only have a few more days!! =D

Love you guys!

Matt said...

mmmmmm i love you.

Mary Jane said...

I can't believe it has been a year! Time flies when you are having fun. I am excited for you to be parents. It is the best!
XOXO