Sunday, December 7, 2008

the Christmas shoes

MERRY CHRISTMAS! I said it for the first time this year. reagan and i were walking up to HyVee, our grocery store, and the salvation army bell ringer was so excited to say "Merry Christmas!" that i was too! it was good to hear that she didn't care about this whole "dont say merry Christmas, say happy hollidays. merry Christmas is not politically correct." you know what...screw that. thats almost as obsurd as people saying that the pledge of allidgence shouldn't be said in schools because it violates the 1st ammendment, or that the "In God We Trust" being imprinted on money is a violation of the principle of separation of church and state.

so in my excitement, and rapid fire of wondering what some peoples deals are, i want to share this to prove that im not insensitive.

i think we can all relate to this video/song in some way. it reminds me that happiness is in giving and being willing to help others who have real needs. it reminds me of how willing my mom has always been willing to give of herself before thinking about herself. it reminds me to FEEL Christmas instead of just observing Christmas.

1 comment:

Reagan said...

Merry Christmas sweetheart :) I love that song