Sunday, December 14, 2008

... and the ghost of Christmas future...

I've started to realize that Matt posts way more than I do. And his most recent post inspired me...

Christmas to me is more than just Christmas day. Christmas actually starts the first day of December and goes until school starts again in January. If you pay attention the atmosphere of the world changes, people are more aware and concerned for others, they share more readily, and they give without spite. Some say it is the Christmas spirit that has this effect, but I believe it is the Spirit of Christ. It's a blessing to every one when this spirit is present.

Matt and I have been very blessed. This is our THIRD Christmas as a couple, the first one we've spent together, and I can't wait for the following Christmases!

I have memories of, when I was younger, running down the hall with my sisters to see the BEST Christmas EVER!! With the help of Santa my parents knew how to get us excited. We have a favorite Christmas video to watch that contains many of our families inside jokes ("thankie poppie"). Now that I am expecting our first baby I get excited thinking about the little Christmases with him and with Matt, and all the cute things he will say and do... not to mention being able to look back fifteen years from now and see how cool Matt and I dressed!

This coming Christmas all I wanted was to be able to spend time with our families (the spirit of Christ does that to people) and we are lucky enough to be doing just that. I am so grateful for the family that surrounds me. I am grateful for an amazing husband and wonderful in-laws. I am grateful for my incredible parents and siblings, they've made me who I am today. And I am grateful for the birth of my big brother, and Savior, Jesus Christ; without him this happy giving season would not exsist. I am excited to see the Christmases to come!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

4 comments:

Mary Jane said...

I can just imagine you and your sisters on Christmas morning! I would love to see your video. We are looking forward to a Colorado Christmas with you.
See you soon!

Clint and Kandi said...

Dear Reaga poo...What a great post...It's true you must do it more! I especially love the pictures of your cute face and round belly!. It's true Christmas changes the atmosphere around us. More people are forgiving and serving. I truly just wanted to be with my family this Christmas too. There can be no greater gift than to be surrounded by those you love so dearly. I love you two and am looking forward to seeing you both for the first time since August! four months is way too long for me. four days is way too short. still i am grateful for the chance....soon....soon!

makunger said...

Um, you guys are cute. (ps. this is Katie...Mike doesn't use words like "cute"). Are you coming to CO for Christmas? Let's play.

JONES GANG!!! said...

we hope you guys have a great christmas and have fun. also you have to have tons of fun with your fam cuz we cant be with ours so you guys do it for us ok. it rained here last night and melted the snow so ya it sucks hope you guys have lots. miss ya have fun see ya soon.ryan and karie oh ya kolby says go down a big hill on your sled for him.